On a cold December day you want to drink something soothing and enjoyable. You want a sweet and sour mix. So, here is a delicious concoction that tastes delicately elegant:
• Homemade cranberry juice*
• 1 teaspoon raw honey
*homemade cranberry juice does not contain any hidden sugars or artificial flavors, so you are on control of the ingredients. Buy 1 or 2 large packs of Cranberries, either frozen or fresh.
- First wash all the cranberries and then drain them accordingly.
- Combine one pound of these cranberries with one quart of water in a big pan and boil on the stove.
- Cook for together until you begin to hear noises from the excited cranberries.
- Strain the almost ready cranberry juice through a fine strainer preferably with a cheese cloth to keep any particles away from the smoothness of it (you should see a lovely bright pinkish color!)
- Let it cool off and then heat it up when you want to drink it again.
- I add them to jars so the rest can be stored in the refrigerator.
Cranberry Juice Health Benefits: Let's come back to the health benefits of cranberry juice. It prevents urinary tract infections (UTIs) and bacteria from sticking to the walls of the urinary tract. Cranberries are known to be rich in antioxidants as well as phytochemicals. These are both great for promoting a strong and robust immune system. Plus, if you being good and are not adding sugar, the unsweetened juice can actually help minimize dental plaque build up. Happy Drinking! :)